Doing anything productive with a multi page tiff document is difficult. Windows Picture Viewer does a great job at displaying and printing the multiple page tiff but that is where the productivity ends. I had scanned an article using a multi function copy/san/print machine which scans documents to email. This one happend to scan the document to a multiple page tiff. Some quick looking on the interwebs found a few tiff splitting programs. One of which I found for free on download.com and which crashed with no functionality.
Here is my hack for splitting a multiple page tiff into single images. Warning, this is ugly but functional. First off you must have Adobe Acrobat PDF Creator and some kind of image editor.
1) Right Click on the Multi-Page .Tiff Document and Select Convert to Adobe PDF
2) Open the created PDF File.
3) Using the Graphic Select Tool Draw a Square around one of the Pages
4) Select Copy from the Edit Menu or press Control-C (Apple-C on a Mac)
5) Paste this into your graphic editor of choice
6) Rinse and Repeat for the other pages in yoru Multi-Page Tiff
I am not sure why Adobe Acrobat Creator understands Multiple Page Tiffs and Adobe Photoshop doesn’t but this hack at least worked for me. If you know how to get to the extra pages using just Adobe Photoshop or even the CorelDraw suite then let me know.